Monday, February 23

Something inspirted me






a sketch for illustrating the idea of

I remembered...
I forgot...



Initially, I drawn 2 people because I was thinking of the characters that Pablo mentioned about before. And, the other two works came into my mind. One is Henrik Ekeus's work harvesting the photos of Edinburgh, and the other is a work Pablo introduced last week.




A digital design work
(see http://www.museoreinasofia.es/s-artistas-contemp/home.php)


I was imaging their dialog. Then, I thought we might harvest other people's memory. I started to have vision of people taking about their experience and sharing their memories. I thought ...We might catch up people's memory sourced from some open database, such as Twitter, bloggers, Flickr. (It is also inspired from the below advertising campaign). We can look for the sentences starting with 'I forgot (to)', 'I remembered (to)' and sample the first one or a short message followed by these words to storage them into a database. It is possible accumulating a wealth of data like photos, words or time stamp. Then, we can analyse some of the most popular words and make these popular tags/words become a navigation bar. A user can select those words and to see what people remembered/forgot mash-up on the screen. The screen can be a self-organised presentation to show the media data from these user-generated content. Then, I image there might be something interesting to see what are in common or what are (um)important to people's memory. However, I have no idea how to make it work.

Something organge (I felt inspired to me)


http://anorangeamerica.com/
The idea here is to track keywords from the social networking website Twitter related to the candidates and display them by outlining info-graphics. And, this advertisement also links to their brand message: Freshly Squeezed Election Tweets: We’re not red. We're not blue. We're 100% orange. For me, it not a only a commercial work, but also a great project of incorporating the context of social networking sites to form the aesthetic info-graphics and to see how brand is used in the US election.

2 comments:

Pablo Martínez Zárate said...

Hello Mei, it sounds really nice. We could actually build a dynamic story matrix based on people's words and/or images. It is starting to make more sense, see you tomorrow:)

Pablo Martínez Zárate said...

One more thing, the work you quoted built an interesting relationship between voice and landscape, so I am thinking we might play with the idea of sound/noise and memory, as if noise foments forgetfulness and harmony suggests remembrance. Well, just throwing ideas jeje, see ya!